The latest news and updates from the Small Business Administration (SBA September 2023):
- SBA Tops Nearly $40 Million in Disaster Assistance Loans for Those Impacted by Maui Wildfires. The SBA has approved nearly $40 million in disaster assistance loans to small businesses and residents affected by the wildfires on Maui, Hawaii. The loans are available to businesses of all sizes, including sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, and nonprofits.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Administrator Isabella Casillas Guzman Announces Call for Nominations for 2024 National Small Business Week Awards. The SBA is now accepting nominations for the 2024 National Small Business Week Awards. The awards recognize the outstanding achievements of small businesses and individuals who have made significant contributions to the small business community.
- SBA Veterans Small Business Advisory Committees Set to Host Virtual Public Meetings Sept. 13 – 14. The SBA Veterans Small Business Advisory Committees (VSBACs) will host virtual public meetings on September 13 and 14, 2023. The meetings will provide an opportunity for small business owners, veterans, and other stakeholders to discuss the challenges and opportunities facing small businesses owned by veterans.
- Small Business Administration Recognizes Legacy Businesses during SBA’s 70th Anniversary Celebration. The SBA recognized 100 legacy businesses during its 70th anniversary celebration on September 5, 2023. The legacy businesses are those that have been in operation for 50 years or more.
- SBA Dedicates $20 Million to New Small Business Export Growth. The SBA is dedicating $20 million to new small business export growth. The funding will support the SBA’s Export-Import Assistance Program, which helps small businesses export their goods and services.
These are just a few of the latest news and updates from the SBA. For more information, please visit the SBA website: https://www.sba.gov/.